- For insulation to work as intended it needs to be protected.
- Loft insulation should be at least 270mm deep to work and prevents 25% of a home’s heat escaping through the roof
- Ceiling joists are only 100mm high therefore the insulation projects at least 170mm above the timber
- When insulation is 270mm deep it covers the timber joists making it very hazardous to move around and impossible to place anything on the insulation without damaging it
- Almost all lofts are accessed for either maintenance or storage – this is dangerous and almost always results in compromised insulation from compression, removal or deterrence from topping up in the first place
These problems are common and widespread.
Discover the solution to protecting loft inulation here.